Saturday, January 23, 2021

STUFF I’VE LEARNED THAT SEMINARY DIDN’T TEACH ME #22

Don’t demand of members what you are not willing to do.  I am not saying you should do everything. Some things you aren’t equipped to do. There are not enough hours in a day to do all you might do. Some can do it better than you. But, we should never have the attitude that a particular task is beneath our dignity. Laziness has no place in ministry.  If we expect our lay people to work a job, raise a family, plus do church ministry, then we can’t say, “I’ve put in my 40 hours this week and I’m not going to that committee meeting.”  Remember as you are planning church activity (and we need those) that our people have a life besides the church.  They might make a Gospel impact in their community, if they occasionally had time to be there!  Just a thought.  


No comments:

Post a Comment