Saturday, November 14, 2020

STUFF I’VE LEARNED THAT SEMINARY DIDN’T TEACH ME #13


Pray that God would take you home to heaven before you become a stumbling block.  Seek to finish well. Pray this often and humbly cast yourself on the grace of God to keep you!  

Look at the contrast between the end of Uzziah and Paul in their service to God. 

“But when he became strong, he grew arrogant, and it led to his own destruction. He acted unfaithfully against the Lord his God by going into the Lord’s sanctuary to burn incense on the incense altar. ... So King Uzziah was diseased to the time of his death. He lived in quarantine with a serious skin disease and was excluded from access to the Lord’s temple, while his son Jotham was over the king’s household governing the people of the land.”  (2 Chronicles‬ ‭26:16, 21‬ ‭CSB‬‬)

“For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time for my departure is close. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. There is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me, but to all those who have loved his appearing.”  (2 Timothy‬ ‭4:6-8‬ ‭CSB‬‬)

Both had started well, climbed high, but then in pride, Uzziah surrendered to the flesh and fell, while Paul soared in faithfulness on into glory!

What will your end be?

No comments:

Post a Comment