Wednesday, August 14, 2019

BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES CONCERNING GOD’S OMNIPRESENCE: SOME CRITICAL TRUTHS DESCRIBED



The Psalmist makes clear that God is in all places at all times.

“Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me.” (Psalms‬ ‭139:7-10‬)

This is the attribute of God called His omnipresence. As we look into the Word of God today, there are some critical truths described for us as we focus on John’s Gospel.

The first truth to ponder is ILLUMINATION.

“That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.” (John‬ ‭1:9‬)

Everyone, everywhere has some light of the knowledge of God.  If we respond to the light that is given, then more will be given.

The second truth to consider is INCARNATION.

“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John‬ ‭1:14‬)

The ever present God in spirit came to manifest His presence in time and space in the incarnation. Jesus came to walk among us that we might know the Father and see God.

The third truth to weigh is INDWELLING.

“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.” (‭‭John‬ ‭14:16-18‬)
‬‬
This is the presence of God ever with the believer—the Spirit within us.  We are never alone!  God is there.

The Triune God is with us.  The Father is ever-present. The Son came to live among us, now ever lives to intercede for us, and is coming again so we may live with Him always. The Spirit is in the child of God and will never leave us.  These are some of the wondrous truths of the omnipresence of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment