Sunday, April 26, 2015

BIBLE BOLDNESS



Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.  (Acts 4:13)
 

Peter Cartwright was a 19th Century American famous for pointed sermons.   When his elders heard that President Andrew Jackson was coming to visit, they pulled the preacher aside and warned him to tone it down.  Peter got up in the pulpit that Sunday and his first three sentences were these. "I understand that the President of the United States, Andrew Jackson is with us this morning.  I have been asked to be guarded in my remarks.  Andrew Jackson will go to Hell is he doesn't repent."  Following the service, President Jackson grabbed Mr. Cartwright's hand, shook it vigorously and said, "Sir, if I had an army of men like you I could whip the world."
 
God, make us bold for you!

2 comments:

  1. Now there is my kind of man !! We as Christian's are called to please God...not man !!

    Blessings in Christ, bruce

    ReplyDelete